The Whale Camp has many years experience in making your travel as safe and convenient as possible. Whether arriving in Bangor by plane, car or bus the Whale Camp staff will be waiting to personally meet each of our campers and provide for their security.
Arriving to camp:
- All campers arrive in Bangor, Maine on the day prior to the first day of their program.
- If arriving by plane: your child will be met by one of our staff at the Bangor Airport. Please make sure that all flights arrive after 12:30 p.m.
- If arriving by bus: your child will be met by one of our staff at the bus station. Please make sure that the bus arrives after 1:00 p.m.
- If arriving by car: please drop your child off at the Holiday Inn in Bangor (404 Odlin Rd., Bangor, ME 04401) between 2pm-6pm.
- Lodging at the Holiday Inn in Bangor on Saturday night is included in your lodging and transportation fee. Parents are welcome to stay at the Holiday Inn as well but must make reservations on their own.
- Whale Camp provides round-trip transportation from Bangor, Maine to our facility on Grand Manan Island, the price is included in your lodging and transportation fee.
- Campers will be provided meals while traveling but should also bring some spending money for snacks on transportation days.
Crossing the border to Canada:
- Students must bring a valid passport OR original birth certificate AND photo ID (only if under 16 years of age.) for crossing the border (copies of birth certificates are not permitted).
Picking up your son/daughter at the end of camp:
- If leaving by plane: please schedule your child’s flight to leave from the Bangor Airport after 1:30 p.m.
- If leaving by bus: please schedule your child’s bus to leave after 1:30 p.m.
- If leaving by car: all campers are picked up at the Bangor Airport on the last day (Saturday) of their session. Campers must be picked up between 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Scheduling your flight to Whale Camp:
We urge you to secure your airline tickets well in advance and to research your flight options from several airports to obtain the best price. You can often save several hundred dollars by driving to an airport with lower prices and/or a direct flight.
PLEASE NOTE: Younger students flying into Bangor who need to pay unaccompanied minor fees to airlines must either pay the fees directly to the airlines IN ADVANCE or send cash in a separate envelope marked -FOR UNACCOMPANIED MINOR FEE- along with the student.
Scheduling your bus trip to Whale Camp:
Bus service is also available to Bangor, Maine at a very reasonable price. We recommend Concord Coach Lines: http://www.concordcoachlines.com/